SpringBoard wishes to honor exceptional teachers who have demonstrated effective teaching practices and successful implementation of SpringBoard in the classroom.
The Teacher of Distinction award recognizes teachers who exemplify SpringBoard’s core principles, inspire a love for learning in their students, and distinguish themselves as leaders in their schools.
Benefits of Being a Teacher of Distinction
- You’ll be recognized on the SpringBoard and College Board website
- You’ll get a Teacher of Distinction plaque
- You’ll get a digital icon to display on your school website
- You’ll be a member of the Teacher Advisory Council and have the opportunity to attend and present at various conferences
- You must be a certified grade 6–12 ELA or math teacher who is currently teaching SpringBoard, with at least 1 complete year of teaching
- Your classroom instruction must be driven by the Embedded Assessment
- SpringBoard must be the core instructional curriculum, with SpringBoard instruction, practice, and assessment components implemented faithfully
- You must have gone to a face-to-face training or completed the SpringBoard Digital Professional Learning modules
How to Apply
The next application window opens in the fall. Check back then for more details about the application process and how to submit your application online.
Meet Our Teachers of Distinction
We thank all our Teachers of Distinction for everything they do to support student success.
- Dina Bartholomew, 9th Grade Honors English and AP Language and Composition, Summit High School, Fontana Unified School District, Fontana CA
- Nicole Falgout, 10th and 11th Grade ELA, Lafayette Parish High School, Lafayette Parish Louisiana
- Sarah Smith Arceneaux, 8th and 6th grade ELA at L. J. Alleman MS, Lafayette Parish Public Schools, Louisiana
- Sylvia Ellison, English 1 at Spoto High School, Hillsborough County Public Schools, Florida
- Karen Kennedy, Pre-AP English 11 and AP Language and Composition at Gig Harbor High School, Peninsula School District, Washington State
- LeAnn Klepzig, English 10 at Walker Valley High School, Bradley County Schools, Tennessee
- John Murray, 9th Grade Pre-AP English 1 at Sachse High School, Garland Independent School District, Texas
- Amanda M. Shackelford, 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Bilingual/Advanced ELA and ELA Department Head at Judice Middle School, Lafayette Parish School System, Louisiana
- Alysa Broussard, 6th Grade ELA Teacher at L.J. Alleman MS, Lafayette Parish Public Schools, Louisiana
- Amanda Olinger, 7th and 8th Grade ELA Teacher at Harrisburg North MS, Harrisburg School District, South Dakota
- Larissa Perez, 6th grade Math Teacher at Mater Academy Charter Middle High School, Florida
- Karen Kampschmidt, 6th grade ELA teacher at Highland MS, Fort Thomas ISD, Kentucky
- Julie Pennabaker, 6th grade ELA teacher at Milford Middle School, Quakertown Community School District, Pennsylvania
- Kimberlyn Slagle, 6th grade ELA teacher at David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy, Lafayette Parish (Louisiana)
- Maria Torres-Crosby, 6th grade ELA teacher at Memorial MS, Hillsborough County Public Schools, Florida
- Rebecca Wenrich, 11th grade ELA teacher at Gig Harbor High School, Peninsula School District, Washington