Assessment Builder allows teachers and administrators to create, share, and administer custom digital assessments using a bank of SpringBoard-authored items correlated to lesson, activity, and/or standards.
You can create either auto-scored or free-response assessments; you can’t include both item types in a single assessment.
Building an assessment has 5 components:
- Searching for items
- Selecting items
- Sequencing items
- Previewing the assessment
- Publishing the assessment
Accessing Assessment Builder
- In the landing page, click the Assessments
- In the left navigation, select the “+” icon. This will open the Search for Items
- Make the following selections to assign accurate filter values:
- Subject: Mathematics
- Choose the appropriate grade/course.
- Select item type: Automatically Graded or Teacher Graded (Open Response).
- Browse by: Select Unit or Standard, depending on your preference.
- After selecting the filter options, click Show Results.
- If you browsed by unit, the list of units for the product you selected will load. Click a unit, and then click the “+” next to the appropriate item within that unit to load correlated items in your results.
- If you browsed by standard: Select the appropriate standards document. Navigate down until you find the substandard of your choice and click the “+” to load correlated items in your results.
- As you select assessments, lessons, and activities (by browsing by unit) or substandards (via browsing by standard), aligned items will load in the Assessment Item Results area.The Items Found counter will update as you add more items.
- Click the checkbox next to any item to add it to your Selected Items at the bottom of the screen.
- To remove an item, click the “x” next to it.
- Once you’ve selected all your items, click next at the bottom of the screen, or click the Sequence button at the top.
- The next screen allows you to order the items in your assessment. Click the up and down arrows in the first column to change the order of items.
- When you’re done ordering, click next at the bottom of the screen, or the Preview button at the top.
- On the Preview page, enter the name for your assessment. Don’t use special characters or punctuation in your test name.
- Click start preview to review your assessment questions.
- Click next to publish your assessments. Choose whether you’d like to make your assessments available to all teachers, coaches, and administrators with SpringBoard Digital access at your school, or only to yourself, by selecting publish to schools or publish to only me.
- You’ll now be able to access your custom assessment items from the Assessment tab.