When students develop drafts of Embedded Assessments through SpringBoard Digital, they can use an online tool called Turnitin Revision Assistant. The tool gives immediate feedback to help students strengthen their writing and practice their revision skills. Revision Assistant uses a feedback model based on scoring by SpringBoard teachers and aligned to the same rubric areas they assess.
The steps to access the Revision Assistant tool are essentially the same for teachers and students.
- Click on View eBook after selecting the class and course book from the dropdown menus at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Table of Contents icon in the menu on the left of the screen, then click the arrows to navigate to the unit you’re looking for.
- Within a unit, scroll down the TOC until you find an Embedded Assessment with a Revision Assistant assignment (Revision Assistant assignments are turned on by default). Click the activity to view the Embedded Assessment.
- Once inside the Embedded Assessment, click the revision assistant button. Teachers will then be able to modify the assignment instructions or add notes; students will see the writing prompt and be able to start writing.
- Teachers or students accessing Revision Assistant for the first time will see a welcome screen. You’ll need to enter your name and agree to the terms and conditions before being able to proceed.
Once in the Revision Assistant tool, teachers and students can use the left-hand sidebar menu to navigate through the assignment and access other areas of the tool.